Normanby Local History Logo And Banner
Normanby Local History Logo And Banner for printing
Galleries > Gallery One > Image 1 / 14
  FirstPreviousTo the overviewNextLast  Start slideshow

Photographs from our previous Normanby Calendars.

Richardson's Brewery

William Husband bought the Normanby Great Pasture in 1857 and built the brewery which remained in operation until 1872 when John Lister Richardson became the proprietor. He changed the business from brewing to 'Aerated Water' ie Richardson's Lemonade. Their logo created in 1890 was a greyhound. His sons took over after his death in 1891 and started to bottle Guinness and Bass in 1895.
The brewery stood on the corner of Mason Street and Crossbeck Terrace. It was demolished in 1978/9.
 The old Richardson's Brewery 
Photo Gallery powered by TinyWebGallery 1.9 No Cache! |